Saturday, October 08, 2016

Buhari: Why I Won’t Stop Passing The Buck

President Muhammadu Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari said he will continue passing the buck for Nigerians to know what went wrong with the country in the past. According to him, it was absolutely necessary to blame his predecessors for the nation’s woes in order to “remind people who take things for granted.”

Daily Trust report continues:
The president was speaking at the Old Banquet Hall of the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja Thursday night during an event tagged “The Conversation: An Evening with Creative Youths.” The theme of the programme was “Creative Youths as Drivers of the Change Agenda.”
He said: “My dear countrymen, especially the youth, you have a fantastic country. God has endowed Nigeria with human and material resources. I’m going to bore you with what we met. I know that I’m being accused in the papers of passing the buck, but passing the buck is sometimes absolutely necessary to remind people who take things for granted.
“When we came in, I screamed to high heavens because I had promised a lot while seeking votes. I said where is the savings? There was no savings. There was no infrastructure, power, rails, roads, there was none. What did we spend the money on? I was told buying food and petrol, the president said.
“Where were the billions going? We conducted a study and found out that the oil marketers were committing fraud on at least one third of what they were importing, which is about 25 per cent of our foreign exchange,” the president stated.
The president said with the condition the country found itself, the youth must “watch over” the elite.

No comments: