Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Usain Bolt Gets Borussia Dortmund’s Offer For Trial

The 31-year-old has eight Olympic gold medals to his name, owns both the 100m and 200m world records and is a well-known passionate Manchester United fan and has spent time training with the Premier League side in the past. AFP PHOTO / Olivier Morin
Former Olympic sprinter, Usain Bolt has confirmed that Borussia Dortmund have offered him an open invitation to come for a trial in the future.
Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt plays soccer with Dario Benedetto (R) of Mexico's America during an event arranged by their sponsors in Mexico City, October 7, 2015. Reuters/Edgard Garrido
AFP report continues:
The legendary Jamaican athlete is still recovering from a hamstring injury suffered at the World Athletics Championships back in the summer prior to his retirement from athletics.
The 31-year-old has eight Olympic gold medals to his name, owns both the 100m and 200m world records and is a well-known passionate Manchester United fan and has spent time training with the Premier League side in the past.
Eager to see what he can do on the pitch at an elite level, Bolt says he’s looking to get back fit before taking up Dortmund’s offer of a trial.
“Dortmund said the invitation is always open, so it is all about me getting over my injury and into shape.
“Then I can explore it and do the trials and see what level I am at. It’s a personal goal, I don’t care what people really think about it. I am not going to lie to myself – if I feel I can’t do it, I am going to say, ‘Forget this.’ I am not going to embarrass myself.”
Borussia CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke spoke to Reviersport regarding Bolt’s potential trial with the club:
“Our word is our bond. I will meet Puma CEO Bjorn Gulden this week. And that’s on our list.”
Bolt recently confirmed that a number of clubs have reached out about taking him on board, and he is hopeful he can actually play professionally in 2018.”

No comments: