Thursday, October 08, 2015

ENYEAMA BREAKS HIS PROMISE: Enyeama Quits Super Eagles

Enyeama insisted he will not walk out on Nigeria THEN DID EXACTLY THAT!

Lille goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has quit international football after a meeting with top official of the Nigeria Football Federation in Belgium Thursday. Enyeama’s decision did not come as a surprise after a major falling out with Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, on Tuesday night following the announcement of Ahmed Musa as new captain, africanFootball.com reports.

Earlier, on Thursday, the ex-Enyimba shotstopper, who has been Eagles’ skipper since Joseph Yobo quit international football last year, vowed “not to walk out on Nigeria.”

But he later said on Instagram: “I have fought a good fight for more than 13 years. I have finished my course. I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion.

“Henceforth, there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13 years of national service.

“God bless NIGERIA.  HENCEFORTH, I am no more the captain of the NIGERIAN senior football team, I am no more the goalie of the team, I am out of the team.

“I am no more available for international duties.
“I want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and our supporters worldwide. It has been the most trying period of my life, but I know that Nigerians are there for me and God is with me. God bless NIGERIA.”
I Won’t Walk Out On Nigeria – Enyeama
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has insisted he will not walk out on Nigeria, but will take a decision on his international future after a meeting with the leadership of the country’s football.

Enyeama, who has won a record 101 caps for Nigeria, had a major falling out with Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, after Ahmed Musa was named the team’s new captain ahead of the Lille goalkeeper.
“I won’t walk out on Nigeria, but I won’t be treated like a beggar especially after what I have done for this country and Nigeria has always been there for me,” africanFootball.com quoted Enyeama as saying on a radio interview monitored Thursday morning.
“I’m still available to play for Nigeria. I’m a Nigerian, I play for Nigeria, not for anybody or a group of people.
“The captaincy of the team is not a problem for me, but there should have been a better way of settling this.
“The coach said he doesn’t want me in his team. I was castigated and embarrassed.
“But the NFF president has ordered me to stay in camp. I will meet with him and then take a decision.”
A deeply hurt Enyeama said he respects Oliseh, but would not enter a private meeting with the coach. 
--- GRAPHITTI NEWS/THE NATION/AFRICAN FOOTBALL.COM 

No comments: