Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles; "I Will Not Take Insults To My Dead Mother"



Vincent Enyeama has given a hint as to what happened, when he arrived the Super Eagles camp in Belgium on Tuesday.

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama has expressed his displeasure over his row with the coach of the team, Sunday Oliseh. The player spoke with Colin Udoh of ESPN FC

“I was surprised,” Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. “So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down. I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team.”
Vanguard report continues:

 “There has been a lot of incidents these last few months,” he said. “I don’t need it, the team does not need it, so maybe the best thing might be to step aside in the interest of the country so that the team can focus on football instead of distractions.”

Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day after Monday’s deadline, after attending his mother’s funeral over the weekend in his home town.
According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain’s late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.
I Will Not Take Insults To My Dead Mother – Enyeama Finally Speaks
Daily Post reports that the national team goalkeeper and captain, arrived after Monday’s deadline, after he was permitted to report late, following the burial ceremony of his late mother in Akwa Ibom.

Upon his arrival, the Lille stopper tried to explain why he showed up late, Oliseh ordered him to leave the hotel and went ahead to call on security officials to bundle him out.
The NFF intervened in the situation and Enyeama ended up staying with the team.
He has now taken to Instagram, to post that “After 13years of national service,having this smiles on my face and this passion in my heart, through the billows,the waves of the ocean,the tears of defeat,the sound of rejoicing from victory chants.now the thought of being stripped naked and security agents throwing me out breaks me completely.I will take anything but not insult to my dead mother.”
It is still not certain that the 101-cap goalkeeper, will choose to continue with the squad, after such humiliation in the hands of Oliseh. 

No comments: