Wednesday, February 10, 2016

'It's A Girl!': Andy Murray's Wife Kim Has Given Birth To The Couple's First Child



Andy Murray's family yesterday spoke of their joy after the tennis ace became a father for the first time.  Wife Kim Sears gave birth to the couple's baby girl weighing 8 lb 10 oz on Sunday.

SunSport report continues:
Thrilled Muzza rang relatives to break the news yesterday, according to ecstatic grandmother Ellen Murray.
His other grandma, Shirley Erskine, said she found out via text - and even the parents did not even know the baby would be a girl.
A spokesman for the couple said today: "Andy and Kim had a daughter in the early hours of Sunday morning and the family are doing well."
Ecstatic MrsErskine, 81, said: “It seems a long time that we've been waiting for this but all's well now.
"I just know that I've got a great granddaugher so that is lovely. I am absolutely delighted.”
Mrs Erskine, of Dunblane, heard of the new arrival in a text from Andy saying "she’s doing well” after she had missed her grandson’s first message.
She said: “I thought ‘Oh something’s happened’ so I frantically texted him back, saying ‘What’s happened? What's happened?’.”
Andy then apologized after realizing his gran had not received his first message – because she has an old phone.
Mrs Erskine added: “We didn’t know what the baby’s sex was going to be. Andy and Kim said from the outset that they didn't want to know.
The Murray's hometown of Dunblane celebrated the new arrival with pink banners.
The mum of Judy Murray revealed that the newborn had not been named yet.
Ellen Murray, 82, whose son Willie is Andy's dad, said: "Andy phoned yesterday and said, 'Congratulations, you're a great-granny.'
'He told me the baby was 8lb 10oz when she was born. It's wonderful news. We watched him in the Australian Open final and I think he just wanted to come home.
"I don't really know about her name yet but I hope we'll see them all soon. I'll be looking forward to a cuddle."
Fans have taken to social media to congratulate the couple.
Telly presenter Gabby Logan tweeted: “Kim and Andy Murray have had a baby girl -huge congrats @judmoo - great news for Fed Cup team 2036.”
Comedian David Baddiel wrote: "Most babies open their mouths very wide when they cry. Think Andy Murray's will probably break all records."
British No.1 Muzza delivered an emotional speech after finishing runner-up in the Australian Open last month.
At the end of the message, he said: “And finally to my wife Kim, who I am sure is going to be watching back home.
"You have been a legend the last two weeks and I will be on the next flight home."
The Scotsman admitted the trip down under had come at a busy time off the court.
He said: “To my team, sorry I didn’t get it done tonight, it’s been a tough few weeks for me away from the court, and I thank you all for your support.
"It’s very, very tough for me right now but I do appreciate playing in front of all you people. Amazing atmosphere."
Muzza married Kim Sears, both 28, at the 12th Century Dunblane cathedral last April - cheered on by 3,000 wellwishers.
His mum Judy said this week she is looking forward to being an "active granny".
She told Hello magazine: "I’m really looking forward to the new baby, my first grandchild.
"When it happens I shall be an active granny.
"My mum Shirley was very involved with Jamie and Andy when they were growing up and I hope to be the same with my grandchild."
Muzza will be aiming to return to the court for the French Open in May.

No comments: