Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tennis: Federer Cruises Into Final

Roger Federer, right, eased into the final (AP)


Roger Federer remains on course for his sixth Western & Southern Open title after advancing to the final with victory over Milos Raonic.
The Swiss is in a rich vein of form and will face David Ferrer in his fourth consecutive ATP final after winning in Halle and falling at the last hurdle at Wimbledon and in Toronto.

The semi-final was a fairly straightforward affair with Raonic providing little resistance as Federer won 6-2 6-3.
The world number three did not drop a point on his serve in the first set and needed just a single break in the eighth game of the second to close out a routine win.
"I'm playing much better (than) last year. I can move freely again," Federer told ESPN. "I'm happy the results show. It's more fun playing this way. Now I am playing the right away.
"It's great for the confidence to switch from clay to grass to hard courts and keep on playing well. I've had a very complete season so far.
"This is my eighth final of the season. I hope I can win another final here."

No comments: